Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A feature suggestion to Spotify and Facebook (and youtube)

Spotify is probably one of the most useful social application so far. Here social means Facebook, even if there is a limited number of activities you can make on Twitter too. The number of social features available is amazing: I can share my music with my friends, create collaborative playlists, listen to what they listen, publish my playlist to my social Friends, and so on and so forth.

But.. wait a second. Could this be a new way of expanding my social network? I'd like to be friend with someone who shares my musical interest. Facebook is suggesting new friendships because You and the potential new friend(s) are both both having one or more friends in common.

So what about suggesting new friendships because You and the potential new friend(s) are both having similar musical interests? This would be an interesting new signal for making new friendships.

I wonder if this principle can be applied in other contexts as well...

Hey Youtube, I have one idea for you...

1 comment:

  1. This looks related:
    http://www.trendslate.com/2011/02/18/google-has-a-hunch/

    ReplyDelete